The goal of our program is to provide a warm and nurturing environment that will help each child develop into a confident, happy, self-sufficient individual. Springwater Child Care Centre provides a safe, stimulating environment that supports and promotes an enthusiasm for active learning.
Positive early childhood experiences can build a strong foundation for future growth. The developmental needs of each child will be enhanced through a child centered curriculum that basis activities and programs on interests. Through play experiences and the guidance of our qualified staff, your child will be exposed to situations that skill build, and that are appropriate for each age group.
Our goals are to:
- Encourage your child to cooperate and share with other children his/her own age.
- Enhance your child’s development of social skills and a sense of self-worth.
- Encourage curiosity, initiative, independence and responsibility.
- Develop your child’s ability to express him/herself clearly.
- Build your child’s self-esteem.
- Help your child accept and respect the rights and differences of others.
- Help your child establish a routine of order and cleanliness.
- Increase your child’s awareness of the world around him/her through a variety of hands on experiences.
- Provide opportunities to foster both gross and fine motor development through the use of equipment chosen especially for this purpose.
- Develop sensory and creative abilities through various media (i.e. art, music, water play, etc.)
We encourage frequent communication between parents and our staff. Parent communication is facilitated through conversation, notes, emails, meetings or interviews. We welcome any parent who wishes to come in and observe their child in the child care setting. If you have any concerns or wish to meet with your child’s teacher, the Director or Supervisor, an interview can be arranged at your convenience.
Please inform the centre of any changes in the home environment in order for us to better understand any behavioural changes that may occur with your child.
Special notices and notices will be posted on the notice board in the centre. There are notice boards inside each classroom which includes menus, programme plans and special notes.
Parent/Teacher meetings are scheduled to discuss your child’s progress, to communicate with the staff and for us to gain feedback from you regarding the programmes.